Foods that you can include in the ketogenic diet which helps you eliminate accumulated fat more effectively. Previously we talked about the ketogenic diet and how it can help us eliminate …
Foods that you can include in the ketogenic diet which helps you eliminate accumulated fat more effectively.
Previously we talked about the ketogenic diet and how it can help us eliminate the accumulated fat more effectively due to the ketogenic effect -value the redundancy- caused by following a diet rich in healthy fats and low in carbohydrates.
The ketogenic diet has been gaining popularity gradually in recent years due to its effectiveness in getting rid of adipose tissue, and that is that because at this stage the body is more prone to take fat as the main Ultra Keto Boost Reviews source of energy, it is very much Easier removal, even without having to follow strict control of calories consumed throughout the day.
However, the great problem of these types of diets falls heavily on the shoulders of the food industry, in which products full of carbohydrates, little protein and many saturated fats predominate, in addition to sodium which, added to the busy life of society Currently, most people do not have enough time to prepare a good meal that suits the stipulations of the ketogenic diet.
But this does not mean that making a meal plan rich in fat and low carbohydrates is impossible, but you have to be more careful when choosing our food and not simply opt for the products that have more scope, as these are the that do not benefit health under any circumstances.
Structuring a ketogenic eating plan
To start structuring a ketogenic eating plan, we will start with the most basic, that is, organize the menu for a whole week, because with this we can save a lot of time by making the necessary purchases at one time and then not wasting valuable minutes thinking what to eat
Following this, it is to perform the nutritional measurements required to achieve a specific objective. It is clear that the main reason for following a ketogenic diet is the loss of body fat, and for this reason, carbohydrates are minimized.
However, this reduction should be gradual, since doing so drastically will be impossible for most people, hindering the adaptation process and increasing the chances of leaving the plan at the first opportunity. The ideal would be to decrease the total consumption of hydrates week after week, starting for example, from 50 to 30% in the first week and so on until reaching the recommended value.
We must pay close attention to the net carbohydrates that are those contained in a food without taking into account those from fiber. To better understand this, we take the example of a cup of broccoli that has the following properties:
- Total carbohydrates: 6 grams
- Fiber carbohydrates: 2 grams
- Net carbohydrates: 4 grams
In summary, when calculating the percentage of carbohydrates consumed, only net grams should be taken into account, although the calories contributed by the fiber should also be considered in order not to exceed the recommended daily intake.
Foods that can be included in the ketogenic diet
- Meat : Lean beef, lean pork, chicken and turkey breast and some cold cuts such as bacon and ham.
- FishLean as tuna, trout, mackerel, but also salmon that is rich in healthy fats.
- Eggs : Preferably those that are rich in Omega 3 fatty acids
- Butter and cream : Do not confuse butter with margarine and give priority to products from grass-fed animals.
- Cheese : Unprocessed natural cheeses such as mozzarella, goat cheese, blue cheese, etc-
- Nuts : nuts, almonds, hazelnuts
- Seeds : chia, sunflower, pumpkin, flax, etc.
- Oils : Rich in omega 3 such as olive, avocado, coconut. Preferably in its unprocessed or extra virgin version
- Vegetables with low caloric intake: broccoli, tomatoes, carrots, onions, peppers, green leafy vegetables.
- Some fruits like kiwi and strawberry
Foods that should not be included in the ketogenic diet
Products rich in simple sugars : Breads and refined flours, soda and bottled juices, cakes, processed yogurts, ice cream, ect.
- Fruit : Virtually any fruit with the exception of strawberries and other berries, as well as kiwi.
- Grains or starches : Foods rich in wheat or rice such as pasta and cereals.
- Legumes : Beans, lentils, chickpeas, beans and all foods belonging to the group of legumes.
- Light or low calorie products : These types of products contain large amounts of sodium and carbohydrates, the main reason for their low caloric content is due to the absence of fat-
- Vegetables and tubers : Foods rich in simple or complex carbohydrates such as potatoes, turnips, comte, etc.
- Processed dressings rich in sugars : mayonnaise, catsup, bbq sauce, thousand island sauce, ranch, etc.
- Unhealthy fats : Especially hydrogenated fats also known as trans fats and those from processed vegetable oils.
- Sugar-free diet products : They are foods that in addition to containing aspartane, a substance that is related to negative changes in metabolic rhythm, are also composed of sugar alcohols that can decrease ketone production.
- Alcohol : They are products high in sugars and therefore in carbohydrates, in addition to damaging the health of organs such as the liver.
Ideal snacks to include in a ketogenic diet
One of the principles of the ketogenic diet is precisely to limit the amount of food ingested throughout the day, because what is sought with it is to maintain a sustainable food rhythm over time, so it is not exempt from inclusion of snacks.
However, these should also be low in carbohydrates, so it can be a bit more complicated to choose one among the small options available. These are just some ideas:
- Nuts such as nuts or seeds
- Cheese with olives
- Boiled eggs in water
- Dark chocolate, as long as it has a cocoa composition greater than 90%
- Low carb milk such as natural almond milk (there are some products that are sold like this but that actually have a low percentage of almonds, since their flavor comes from sugars)
- Greek yogurt
- Strawberries with cream without added sugars
- Broccoli baked with cheese gratin
- Pizza with natural tomato sauce, cheese, mushrooms and cauliflower base
Example of 1 week ketogenic diet plan
To get an idea about how to structure a ketogenic eating plan, we can take the following as an example:
- Breakfast: 2 or 3 scrambled eggs (use olive oil) with turkey ham and as a complement, use tomatoes.
- Lunch: Grilled chicken breast with caesar salad (avoid using croutons and dress only with vinaigrette) and feta cheese
- Dinner: Buttered Salmon and Sauteed Asparagus
- Breakfast: Cooked eggs and goat cheese salad, basil and tomatoes, seasoned with fine herbs (oregano, thyme and rosemary) and olive oil.
- Lunch: Some lean meat accompanied with steamed vegetables and seasoned with olive oil
- Dinner: Pork meatballs cooked in coconut oil with cheese and unsweetened tomato sauce
- Breakfast: Almond milk with a scoop of protein powder and peanut butter
- Lunch: Avocados stuffed with crab meat and steamed vegetables
- Dinner: Baked Broccoli Salad with Gratin Cheese
- Breakfast: Omelette with peppers, tomato, onion and cheese
- Lunch: Grilled salmon with Ultra Keto Boost gratin cheese and guacamole
- Dinner: Caesar salad, without croutons and replacing the dressing with vinaigrette
- Breakfast: Protein shake made with almond milk, Greek yogurt and peanut butter. Use stevia to sweeten.
- Lunch: Beef with vegetable salad (peppers, onion and tomato)
- Dinner: Eggs with bacon and tomato
- Breakfast: Boiled eggs with tomato sauce and spinach
- Lunch: Sandwich without hydrates
- Dinner: Protein shake made with almond milk, Greek yogurt and peanut butter. Use stevia to sweeten.
- Breakfast: Omelette with cheese, stuffed peppers, onion, mushrooms
- Lunch: Hamburger meat with romaine lettuce and vegetable salad
- Dinner: Zucchini stuffed with ham and cheese with bacon, baked and accompanied with mixed vegetables